Central Florida is home to a number of interesting events and attractions, but one of the more unique destinations would have to be Dinosaur World in Plant City, FL!
Located just off of I-4 between Orlando and Tampa, visitors should not miss this outdoor museum filled with impressive dinosaur models arranged among natural, tree-lined landscapes.
More than 150 dinosaurs are on display throughout this 20+ acre park, but that is just the beginning of the fun. One of the reasons my family enjoys visiting Dinosaur World is because of the variety of hands-on learning opportunities it offers.
- Fossil Dig – Sift through the sand to find fossils you can take home with you.
- Boneyard – Pretend you are a paleontologist doing some field work as you dig in the sand looking for skeletons.
- Museum – Displays and exhibits will help you learn even more about dinosaurs.
- Skeleton Garden – Learn about the work paleontologists and scientists do as you view full scale dinosaur skeletons.
- Carnivore Boardwalk – Are you brave enough to travel the path to learn about predators and prey?
If you are planning to spend the day, please note that they do not offer any food service inside of Dinosaur World, however, they do offer very nice covered picnic areas so you are welcome (and encouraged) to bring your own lunch to enjoy at your leisure. There is also a fun playground area near the picnic area for the kids to explore.
Another fun fact to keep in mind — your friendly dogs (on leashes) are welcome to join you during your visit and their admission is free!!
Group rates are available for field trips but reservations are required. To help you prepare for your visit a Teacher’s Guide is available upon request. Visit the Dinosaur World website for all of the details!