Welcome to Finishing Strong, where it’s all about homeschooling tweens and teens.
Homeschooling through middle and high school can be loads of fun, but is also a stressful time for teens and parents. That’s why we’re here. To give families who are homeschooling their older kids a place to find resources they can use to help them along their journey.
Making your history lessons interactive is a wonderful way to bring the subject to life. Don’t just toss aside the crafts and projects when your students get older. Instead, look for things that will challenge your teen. Last week we shared some amazing hands-on history activities that are perfect for middle school kids.
Here are a couple of my favorite posts from last week. Number one is the reader favorite.
1. The Plan-Curriculum Choices for Grade 8 by Practical, By Default
Like I said last week, everyone loves seeing what curriculum families are using to teach middle and high school.
2. Why self-editing is hard for kids and how to make it easier by WriteShop
Oh my gosh, yes. I have this conversation with my kids on a regular basis. I’m glad Kim has explained why it’s so hard for them to embrace editing their papers and tips I can use to make the process easier for them (and myself).
3. Reading Aloud with Your Middle Schooler: Why, How, and What by BookShark
Personally, I love reading with my girls, even though they’re in middle school and high school. Why do so many adults think there is an age limit on reading aloud?
4. Must Have Supplies for High School by Blog, She Wrote
I must admit, I’m a sucker for educational supplies. But Heather puts aside all of the fluff and shares some key tools all homes with older homeschoolers should have.
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!