Our weekly link-up, Finishing Strong, is all about homeschooling middle school or high school. Every Wednesday we, along with our friends, Heather from Blog She Wrote, Eva from EvaVarga, and Heidi from Starts at Eight host it.
We love bringing families together and giving everyone a place to share their experiences, get their questions answered, and find support they need. Keep reading to see what others who are homeschooling older kids have shared with us.
This post contains affiliate links.
Here are some of our popular posts from last week.
1. 30 History Movies for Middle School by Our Unschooling Journey – our most read post
Personally, I love using movies as part of our history lessons. My kids enjoy seeing the stories they are studying come to life on the screen.
2. This is What Happens When you use Independent Learning in your Homeschool by Annie & Everything
I am big proponent of independent learning and for us, the pros far outweigh any cons. How about you? Do you agree with the benefits Ann lists here?
3. The Myth of Independence by Blog, She Wrote
Continuing the independence discussion, how much independence is too much? Heather shares some things to ponder. What are your thoughts?
4. Homeschool is Not School at Home, Except When It Is by Practical, By Default
So many families struggle with this when they start homeschooling. Instead of adopting a homeschooling mindset and schedule, parents instead turn to what they know, school at home. Some keep this philosophy throughout their homeschooling journey, but others adopt an individualized approach. Are you a “school at home” family?
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!