Welcome to Finishing Strong, the place where families share their experiences homeschooling middle & high school students. Every week we get to read creative ideas, helpful insights, and words of encouragement. It’s nice to have a community to belong to as we school our older children at home.
This post contains affiliate links.
Popular Posts From Last Week
1. 10th Grade Homeschool Curriculum by Starts At Eight
Check out what Heidi did for 10th grade in her home school.
2. Choosing High School Curriculum by Blog, She Wrote
High School are the years that many homeschooling families fear, mainly because of the curriculum involved. If you’re wondering how you’re going figure out what you need to teach your high schooler and how to choose appropriate curriculum, read these tips from Heather.
3. Getting Creative with High School Electives by Embark on the Journey
Electives can be so much fun! They’re where we get to let our high schoolers really explore their passions. Electives inherently include a level of flexibility, but as homeschoolers, we have the opportunity to take it a step further and build these classes around our child’s interests and abilities. Tara shares some great tips for how you can get creative with electives.
4. 3 Reasons Why I Don’t Give Grades or Tests in Our Homeschool by There’s No Place Like Home
Do you give grades or tests in your homeschool? I don’t. I never wanted to add unnecessary stress onto my children’s shoulders and because I was with them every day, I knew when they understood a lesson and when they didn’t. Tests just didn’t seem necessary. And grades? To me, that’s just too much work! Luckily, I live in a state where they’re not required.
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!