I’m so glad you’re visiting our link-up. Finishing Strong is dedicated to families homeschooling middle & high school kids. Each Wednesday, moms just like you share their best tips, encouragement, advice, and more for teaching older kids at home.
I would love it if you would take some time to check out the wonderful posts shared below. I know you will find them inspiring!
Thank you for helping us to make Finishing Strong a key resource for families who are homeschooling through the middle & high school years.
Are you homeschooling middle school? If so, you’ll want to see if you’re working on these five things with your students. If your kids aren’t already doing them, it’s time to get started.
Trust me, they’ll make your teen’s transition to high school much easier.
Must Read Posts From Last Week
1. College Preparation for the Homeschooled Teen: How You Can Be SURE You’re Doing Enough by Annie and Everything – Reader Favorite
“Am I doing enough” is a question we homeschooling moms ask ourselves a lot over the years, especially as the end draws near. Ann shares some great insights here that can benefit anyone who is homeschooling high school. I love her thoughts on building up students’ language arts skills.
Every once and a while I like to put aside our traditional writing lessons from our language arts curriculum and instead give my kids a different type of writing assignment. WriteShop is one place that I regularly turn to for these unique writing ideas. Here are some thought provoking questions that your teen can use to build an essay around.
3. 10 Do’s and Don’ts of Homeschooling Middle School by Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
As a mom completely immersed in middle school, I really appreciated these do’s and don’ts from Kris. It’s a must read for anyone homeschooling middle school.
4.3 Best ways to encourage an artistic teen by Inspire My Artist
As I’ve mentioned many times, I’m the mom of an artist. When you’re supporting an artist, rather than just doing art in your home school, you do things differently. I thought Crystal covered these points very well.
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!