Finishing Strong is a link up that’s all about families homeschooling older kids. Every week we come together to share our experiences navigating the middle & high school years. We host it along with our friends – Blog She Wrote, EvaVarga, and Starts at Eight.
Are you almost finished the school year or does your family school year round? Hopefully, you’re not experiencing too much spring fever in your house as you try to keep the learning going.
We can’t wait to see what amazing ideas get added this week. Don’t forget to share yours below!
If you’re looking for some help teaching your middle schooler about volcanoes, you need to check this out. Susan shares some amazing volcanic tools that are bound to excite your teen and will help bring your earth science and even ancient history lessons to life.
Did you get a chance to read these last week?
1. Planning for High School – Where Do I Start? by Sweetness & Light
The title says it all – wondering where to start as you plan for high school? Meredith will show you what you’ll need to make the transition to the next step in your homeschooling journey easier.
2. How We Use High School Essay Styles in Real Life by Classes by Beth
Sometimes it’s hard trying to explain to our kids why they need to learn something when they think it’s pointless in the real world. Beth does a great job laying out the various types of essays teens write for school and how they relate to real life.
3. Making Chemistry More Understandable – by Angelicscalliwags
Claire shares a bunch of great resources that families can use to help during a chemistry study.
4. Middle School Summer Reading List by BookShark
Looking for books to keep your kids busy this summer? Check out this wonderful list from Heidi.
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!