I’m so glad you’re visiting our link-up. Finishing Strong is dedicated to families homeschooling middle & high school kids. Each Wednesday, we all come together to share our best tips, encouragement, and advice for teaching older kids at home.
This post contains affiliate links.
I would love it if you would take some time to check out the wonderful posts shared below. I know you will find them inspiring!
Each month my kids have been reading books that are related to a specific genre. This month is all about animals. I’ve chosen 5 books that feature cute, adventurous, and courageous creatures, both real and fictional.
Have you entered to win our $100 giveaway yet? There’s still time, so make sure you head over to our 100th Finishing Strong link up post and follow the steps to enter. Who can’t use an extra $100?!
Have you read these yet?
1. 100 Books You Should Read by the Time You Turn 20 by Blog, She Wrote – The most popular post last week!
This is an amazing resource from Heather. With it, you’ll never be at a loss for what your tweens/teens should add to their reading list.
2. Why Do People Think School Is the Only Place to Meet New People? by There’s No Place Like Home
Ahh, the dreaded word – socialization. I completely agree with Shelly. Why do so many people who question our children’s ability to meet people assume that socializing only happens in public school classrooms?
3. 305 Creative Writing Prompts For Homeschoolers by Homeschool Base
If you want your student to do more creative writing pieces this year, you’ll love these unique writing prompts. I guarantee you’ll find plenty that will get your older kids excited about writing.
4. Alternate Forms of Evaluation: May I Present…(Presentations) by Classes by Beth
As a homeschooling mom, I have to admit that tests are my least favorite evaluation tool. That’s why I’m so excited about the series Beth’s been doing about alternate forms of evaluation. This post shares how older kids can show subject mastery by completing a presentation. Brilliant!
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!