Welcome to Finishing Strong, the place where families share their experiences homeschooling middle & high school students. I host it here at Education Possible, along with my friends at Blog She Wrote, EvaVarga, and Starts at Eight.
Every week we get to read creative ideas, helpful insights, and words of encouragement. It’s nice to have a community to belong to as we school our older children at home.
This post contains affiliate links.
1. What We’ve Used and Loved Curriculum Series – History by Centered at Home
Jenna shares some of the history curriculum her family has used over the years. Is your favorite on her list?
2. College Prep 101: Focus on Key Writing Skills by Write Shop
Are your kids prepared for the rigors of college writing? If not, now is the time to build the key writing skills they’ll need for college and beyond. Luckily, Kim has some ideas to get you pointed in the right direction.
3. What Exactly IS a Homeschool Expert? by There’s No Place Like Home
I thought I knew the answer to this question, but after reading this post, I realized I was wrong. How about you? Who would you consider a homeschool expert and do you think those who don’t homeschool their kids would agree with you?
4. The Benefits of Service Learning from an Early Age by Eva Varga
Although Eva is sharing her experience of serving with her kids when they were young, the concept of service learning is one that would work just as well with teens. Not only will your older kids be serving others, but they’ll learn so much in the process.
What are you going to share with us?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you are giving us permission to share your images, always with credit!