These Minecraft gifts for teens and tweens will help you answer the question of what to get a kid who loves playing this popular game.
If your older kids can’t get enough Minecraft, you’re in luck! There are a ton of great gifts out there that will let them enjoy their favorite game even more.
We’ve put together a list of the best Minecraft gifts for tweens and teens, so it’s easy to find the perfect present for your child.
History of Minecraft
Minecraft is a game that has been around for a while now. Markus Persson, who goes by the name Notch, created it back in 2009. The game is based around placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. He was a video game programmer who created the game for his own amusement. But when he shared it with his friends, they loved it and urged him to release it to the public. And so he did.
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build stuff in a virtual world. At first, it may seem like a simple game where you just stack blocks on top of each other, but as you play more, you’ll unlock new items and worlds to explore.
One of the best things about Minecraft is that there are no limits – you can build anything you can dream up! Many people use Minecraft for creative purposes, like making sculptures or even entire houses.
At first, people built structures to protect against the night monsters, but as the game progressed, players began to create more and more complex constructions. Today, Minecraft has millions of active users who continue to build amazing things.
Some parents even use Minecraft to teach their kids basic coding skills. If you’re looking for a game that’s both fun and educational, Minecraft is an excellent choice.
We used it as part of our homeschool. My girls had a blast building an interactive history museum.
How to Choose a Minecraft Gift
If you’re looking for a Minecraft-themed gift for a tween, it’s important to keep in mind what they might like. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect gift.
1. Consider their interests: What does your child like to do when they’re playing Minecraft? Do they like to build things, explore the world, or battle monsters? There are gifts available for all kinds of Minecraft fans.
2. Think about their age: Not all Minecraft-themed gifts are appropriate for every age group. Make sure you select something that’s suitable for your child’s age range.
3. Gauge their level of interest: If your child is already into Minecraft, they’ll probably love any gift that’s related to the game.
Minecraft is a wildly popular game that has taken the world by storm, so it’s no wonder so many kids have game-related items on their wish lists.
Here are some more things you can do with your Minecraft-loving kids.
- These DIY Minecraft stuffies are an adorable way to teach your tweens how to sew.
- This class combines Minecraft and American Girl.
- Kids can build these Minecraft-themed crafts out of perler beads.
Looking for more gift ideas for your older kids?
Any links in this post may be affiliate links. See my disclosure statement.
Which Minecraft gifts will your tweens and teens be most excited about?